After Supreme Court's verdict on August 19, CBI has taken over the Sushant Singh Rajput death case. The late actor's father KK Singh filed a complaint against Rhea Chakraborty in Patna police on July 25. She was charged with abetment of suicide. Rhea remains to be the prime suspect in the case.
Can CBI arrest Rhea? Here is a list of all the possibilities.
Grounds on which it’s unlikely that Rhea Chakraborty will be arrested:
1. Abetment of suicide: Arrest is only possible when CBI gives proof on the allegations levelled by Sushant's father, chances of proving them is difficult.
2. Wrongful confinement of Sushant: Rhea can go behind bar if CBI substantiate the confinement, which looks distant possibility as of now.
3. Wrongful restrain of Sushant: Did Rhea came in the way of the things Sushant wanted? Expert believe it will not be easy for CBI to prove this.
4. Criminal intimidation: Rhea threatened Sushant or not for any financial or personal benefit. Won't be easy for CBI to prove.
Grounds on which Rhea can be arrested:
1. Cheating: If CBI proves that Rhea cheated Sushant financially or personally, it will make for an easy ground for CBI to arrest her.
2. Theft: If evidence against Rhea accumulated to prove that she stole something without Sushant's knowledge.
3. Criminal breach of trust: Did she broke the trust that pursued Sushant to think about suicide? If CBI proves this, it can make a ground for her arrest.
In an interaction with India Today, Former CBI Director AP Singh said that is unlikely that Rhea will be arrested for these charges. Speaking to India Today, AP Singh said that this is unlikely because Rhea left Sushant Singh Rajput's home a week before the actor died. Rhea left the Bandra, Mumbai house on June 8, and Sushant died by suicide on June 14.
"It is very unlikely that Rhea will be arrested for abetment of suicide as she left the house a week back. She might be arrested if something else comes up during the investigation, like a breach of trust," AP Singh told India Today.
The CBI Special Investigation Team formed to probe Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case consists of officers from Anti-Corruption Unit VI of the CBI. The four-member team includes Manoj Shashidhar, Joint Director; Gagandeep Gambhir, DIG; Anil Yadav, Additional SP and Nupur Prasad, SP.